More News

Morris becomes the 2016 Ducati TriOptions Cup champion while Neary takes the last win of the year at Brands Hatch

The 2016 Ducati TriOptions Cup championship came down to the very last race of the year at   More...

Guiver leads the Ducati TriOptions Cup championship once more while Neary gets that elusive first win

Rob Guiver (Hyside Motorcycles) started race 1 at TT Circuit Assen from pole, having quali   More...

Guiver bounces back to close gap on Championship leader Morris at Oulton Park

Rob Guiver (Hyside Motorycles) took victory in Race 2 at Oulton Park today, keeping his Du   More...

Guiver leads the Ducati TriOptions Cup championship again with a Race 2 win at Cadwell

‘Rapid’ Rob Guiver (Hyside Motorcycles) returned to the top of the Ducati TriOptions Cup c   More...


Hobbs does the double at home

Scotland's Dennis Hobbs doubled up in the Ducati TriOption Cup to warn the series leader Leon Morris that he can expect a real fight for the crown. There were a brace of podiums for the revitalised defending champion Marty Nutt who was showing the form of last season.

Nutt led the opening lap of Saturday's race ahead of Hobbs and Morris with Rob Guiver and Sean Neary in close contention but next time around Hobbs had the advantage and the man who lives closeby in Kelty was in no mood to let it slip.

Nutt, looking more comfortable on the bike than in earlier rounds, rode hard but by the fourth lap had been taken by Morris for second place while Guiver generally had the upper hand in a scrap wit Neary for position.

Hobbs had no worries, taking his first victory of the season aboard the P&H Motorcycles/Carl Cox Motorsport entered bike by some 1.350secs from Morris and the performance delighted him: "Good race, good to win by home race and hopefully now this is the starter for more." 

Nutt enjoyed his first podium finish of the season, having held off the close attentions of both Guiver and Neary, and he reflected: "We've made big steps forward, it is so good to be back on the podium."

Those improvements continued into Sunday with Nutt again in the mix while out front it was another local, Paul McClung, riding "wild-card," who posed problems for Hobbs, snatching the lead from him on the second lap and then holding him at bay for half a dozen laps.

Hobbs found a way through, bettering the lap record, at two thirds distance and moments later McClung crashed spectacularly out of the race at Leslie's.  Morris was up to second with Nutt third from Darren Fry and Jonathan Railton.

Hobbs though took the race by 2.378secs and warned his rivals: "I am back on course now - we started well at Brands Hatch, had a bit of a lull with technical problems at Donington Park but these wins are great."